Ahlstrom-Munksjö provides flame-resistant solutions for multiple end-use applications. Flame-resistant papers will char when exposed to a flame, but will not support combustion and will self-extinguish when the flame source is removed.
Multiple application uses include utility grades (not in contact with metal surfaces) such as filters, honeycomb structures (hollow core doors), duct wrap, colored-decoration papers, wall coverings, ceiling panels, building materials and paint-booth flooring and walls.
Specialty grades incorporate chemicals that minimize corrosion when coming in contact with metal surfaces like aluminum foil.
Benefits of Flame-Gard™ papers:
- Controlled char length to 4.5 inches
- No flaming time or afterglow: Self-extinguishes quickly with no restarting
- Excellent strength retention
- Sizing to enhance adhesive bonding and efficiency
- Variety of surface finishes ranging from smooth MG to rough creped surface
- Available in roll format: Sold in rolls, multiple core sizes and packaging configurations
- Special flame resistance (less corrosive) acceptable in metal contact applications
- Anti-mold resistant treatments available
- Treatments available to add flexibility
End-Use Applications – Adhesive lamination Phenolic saturating, Foil lamination, Printing, General slitting and sheeting
Discover our products made with the Flame-Gard™ technology:
Available in trulyNatural® or Bleached. Find out more about the trulyNatural® technology here.
Ahlstrom-Munksjö uses fiber from responsible and legal sources and all products qualify for Chain of Custody Forestry Credits and Certification.