Ahlstrom-Munksjö NatureMold™ is a sustainable molding material which has many benefits:
- It is made from renewable raw materials and is biodegradable and compostable according EN 13432 and OK Compost HOME standards (TÜV Austria)
- By design Genuine Vegetable Parchment provides excellent grease resistance and outstanding wet strength.
- For extra release, a coating is possible.
- This versatile material works all the way the from food production line to industrial freezers, and from home freezer to oven or microwave to the end-consumer’s table.
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö NatureMold™ has a wide recommended utilization temperature range: from -40˚C/F to 220˚C/428˚F
Ahlstrom-Munksjö NatureMold™ has two variants: Classic and Doublet
- Classic, which is made out of 100% Genuine Vegetable Parchment (GVP), is flexible and strong and is most suitable for bakery applications (up to 150 GSM in one layer)
- Doublet is a laminated paperboard and GVP structure, suitable for thermoforming food trays and containers for ready-meals, pizza, bake-and-serve trays and service counter/deli/takeaway applications
Both variants offer flexible re-heating properties: whether in a traditional oven for up to 2 hours at 220˚C, the microwave or cooking ovens, Ahlstrom-Munksjö NatureMold™ is built for convenience.