Our metalized labels for one-way or returnable beer bottles give a premium look with a remarkable shine and impeccable finish. Ahlstrom-Munksjö Metalkote™ base paper for metalizing offers excellent performance at every step to meet the demanding needs of metallizers, printers and brewers.
For over 20 years, Ahlstrom-Munksjö has worked closely with metalizers, printers and brewers to gain in-depth understanding of their needs. The result? Premium labels that really stand out on the shelves.
Once metalized, a reliable base paper for labels must perform at every step of the value chain. Metalkote™ base papers offer the best balance of technical features to ensure maximum efficiency during printing, die-cutting, labelling, and – for returnable bottles – during the wash-off process, too.
Key benefits for metalizers:
- Optimized varnish consumption
- Outstanding gloss
- Longest shelf-life
- Maximized metalizing speed
- Excellent embossing capacity
Key benefits for printers:
- Maximized offset printing speed
- Excellent die-cutting
- High quality offset printing
- Compatible with gravure printing
- Same grade for neck, body and back labels
Key benefits for brewers:
- Fast labelling speed
- Fast label pick-up
- Fast and cost-efficient cleaning
- Minimized adhesive use