- Basis weight range 28-80#
- MD Stretch from 6-8%
- MD Stretch 10-12% for heavyweight applications (80#)
- No flaming time or afterglow
- Controlled char length to 4.5 inches
- Sizing to enhance adhesive bonding
- Bleached, natural and colored papers available
Also referred to as XKL papers, extensible kraft papers provide maximum strength and stretch properties for the most demanding converting applications. Used in a variety of markets and applications, Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s XKL paper is a strong, lightweight sheet capable of withstanding great impact without bursting or puncturing.
Machine glazed papers offer an ideal smooth surface for foil lamination. With basis weights as low as 11.5# and as high as 50#, we offer the widest breadth of papers in the industry. When combined with moisture control and flame resistant surface coatings, you have the perfect solution for the building and construction industry. We are an industry leader in flame resistant, water-leachable coatings for both metal and non-metal contact. Our papers incorporate treatments that minimize corrosion when coming in contact with metal surfaces like aluminum foil.