Ahlstrom-Munksjö’s ReliaMAX™ syringe filters contain prefilters specifically developed to increase the efficiency of laboratory microfiltration applications by reducing the number of steps needed to process samples and solutions with either a high particle load or a high viscosity if standard syringe filters are used.
Our expertise in creating filtration media is designed into this advanced syringe filter which contains two of our microfiber glass filter media providing a total of three layers of decreasing porosity to better capture larger particles before they reach the more easily blocked polymeric membrane filter.
Internal testing shows that ReliaMAX™’s filter design performs better than syringe filters containing a membrane with a single layer prefilter and comparably with competitive syringe filters containing multi-layer prefilters when filtering standardized solutions.
Benefits of Multi-Layer Prefilters:
- High particle holding capacity – larger amount of particles can be captured prior to clogging the membrane
- Fast initial flow of viscous samples – the specific structure of ReliaMAX™ offers excellent flow with viscous samples
- Low resistance to pressure – fast and efficient filtration even with low pushing pressure
- Available with standard membrane media
ReliaMAX™ includes high-quality nylon membranes available in 0.2µm and 0.45µm pore sizes for increased flexibility in sample filtration depending on the final application.
- Clarification of solutions
- Removal of particles
- Sample preparation
For additional information or to request a sample:get in touch!