Ahlstrom-Munksjö Hollytex® is made with a hot calendering process that improves the uniformity of the nonwoven web and increases smoothness by laying down loose fibers.
The product is available in commercial grades with various properties, either as Spunbonded Polyester or Spunbonded Polypropylene.
Hollytex® can be delivered in both singlelayer and multilayer composites.
Primary applications include:
– Microporous membrane support
– Ultrafiltration membrane support
– Reverse osmosis membrane support
– Pleat support for membrane cartridge filters
Secondary applications include:
– Pre-filtration and filter media
– Tape or apparel reinforcement
– Drainage webs in membrane cartridges
– Medical device components
– Tags and labels
– A variety of other niche uses