New investments to improve financial perfromance
- Installation of a second-hand Voith production line for tea and coffee infusion materials as well as fibrous meat casing materials at the Chirnside plant in the UK. The investment od approxiamtely The EUR 28 million investment is epxected to be completed by the beginning of the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Expansion of manufacturing capacity as well as product capabilities in industrial filtration at the Turin plant in Italy. The EUR 28 million investment is expected to be completed during the first half of 2020.
- Rebuild of a recovery boiler at the Billingsfors plant in Sweden. The EUR 23 million investment is to be completed in Q3/2019
- Modernization a bailing line in Aspa pulp mill in Sweden. The EUR 4 million investment will be completed in ther first half of 2019.
Quality enhancement of pre-impregnated decor papers at Dettingen plant in Germany. The EUR 5 million investment will be completed in Q4/2019.
Rebuild a converting line of sterilization wrap at Pont Audemer plant in France. The EUR 4 million investment will be completed in Q2/2019.
Ongoing strategic investments proceeding
Vegetable parcment, Saint Severin plant
- Installation of a new parchmentizer line as well as the building hosting it and a warehouse at the site
- The investment is approximately EUR 6.7 million and the project will be completed in the fourth quarter of 2018.
Filtration, Madisonville plant
- Enhance the quality and widen the range of engine and industrial filtration materials being produced at the Madisonville plant in Kentucky, US
- The investment is approximately EUR 23 million and it will be completed in the first half of 2018
Abrasive backings, Arches plant
- Rebuild of a paper machine to secure the leading position within abrasive backings and meet increasing demand
- After the rebuild, the machine will continue to be able to produce both decor and abrasive backings. The rebuild will also enable additional capacity within latex impregnated abrasive backings, allowing new product applications and a more efficient production.
- The investment is approximately EUR 14 million and is planned to take place in two steps during the seasonal shutdowns in the summer and at the end of 2017